Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I just couldn't let the day get away without posting something about my dad...

I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father gave me such a great and godly earthly father! These past several months I had been thinking a lot on the father/daughter relationship and how blessed I am to know I can talk with my dad about anything and seek his wisdom and advise. I know that he prays daily for me and my siblings and that is so special to know. I think of all the things I used to do while growing up - I would help him mow the lawn and work in the garden, I would wake up early on Saturday mornings to go grocery shopping with him, we would play games together, and I whenever I would wake up early I would find my dad reading his Bible and I'd snuggle up beside him and read along.

Daddy has always been there to encourage me in my desires and ambitions and always reminding me to put God first. I love him so much and he is so special to me. Having my father and the Lord guiding my future I have nothing to worry about knowing that everything is in control . When Lord speaks, my father listens then when I obey and submit I am then the happiest daughter around because I know I am pleasing my Father in heaven by obeying my earthly father.
Happy Father's Day Daddy!

We made our dad a t-shirt using iron on transfers. We typed and printed out Psalm chapter 127 and stuck that on the shirt. We ironed on arrows with each child's name beside the words of the chapter.

Psalm 127

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

1 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

How blessed we are to have Fathers!