Thursday, April 10, 2008

Doctor vs. Piano Teacher...

The other day I was thinking about medical office tasks and comparing them to my current job as a piano teacher. I'm a lot like a doctor and their office staff....

  • I see students every day.....they see patients every day
  • I schedule lessons....they schedule appointments
  • I must diagnose the way a student learns in order to help them the learn as much as possible .....they must diagnose the patients symptoms in order to give them the best care possible.

  • I'm on call 24/7.....Doctors are on call 24/7 as well.

  • I must write notes to remind me of what I need to do for each student (buy music books, printout practice charts,etc.)....they dictate notes for each patient so they can keep tract of each patient and care for them effectively.
  • I wash my hands after contact with kids... Doctors wash after contact with each patient.
  • I love what I do.... Most doctors love their profession as well.

    There are more, but I will not bother to list them....anyway, me and my medical ideas.
    Just thought those were some interesting facts.
    SMILE!

0 comments: