Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bits & Pieces...

All right, for those of you that really know me know that I have always had an interest in medical stuff. Before graduating high school, I was planning and praying about doing something in the medical field (now please take note of the one word "I" above, as that is very important).

You know that when you are a teen you have EVERYTHING planned out - you know where your going and you take risks to get there - been there, done that!

Did you realize that God is in control, has a plan already in store for us, and that all we have to do is "let go and take our hands off our life" ? Did you also realize that it is easier said than done. Sigh. Did you know that many times we must learn things the hard way, because we simply do not totally trust God to run our life.... We say things like, "God, what are You doing, don't You know I'm just trying to serve You (of course, we don't add the words: trying to serve you according to my flesh desires and not according to Your will)?" I read the other day in a book about living a life of faith that the hardest pray we will ever pray is: "Thy will be done."
Yes, the words: my & thy rhyme, but they have two contrast meanings. One word is selfish and the other is surrendering and giving yourself. It is hard. -
Yes, I will admit, I've been there, done that too.

Well, as I do not have time to post the whole story of my life today, I will post bits and pieces when I get a chance these next few months. The story of the my blog's title comes from having to learn to follow the Lord Step By Step and how faith, love, and patience have had such a huge meaning on my life. Lessons that God taught me and how I can be completely happy and content in following Him - WHEREVER and FOREVER!!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Great post. I like it. I have always been interested in the medical field. I will bet starting school in July. I am going to griffin tech, and will working my way towards being an x-ray tech. I have prayed about it and have peace with the Lord about it, I'm really excited about it. You have a great blog.

Heather said...

How neat! I think that being an x-ray tech will be fun! I had actually thought about that several years ago,but you know...God seems to have other plans for me right now in the medical offices.