Friday, April 11, 2008

So Blessed....



It is a beautiful spring warm April day - the perfect day for a birthday!!! I had been praying so long for a lovely day and the Lord blessed us with a sunny 75 degree day with a nice breeze! I had planned to sleep in today - maybe to 8:00 or 8:30am, but when I woke up a few minutes before 7am and saw the sun shining I had to jump out of bed and start my day. We had so much fun today as a family! Dad took the day off and we spent the majority of the day outdoors. After breakfast, I was presented with a new bike for my birthday - it is so nice! We then headed out to our favorite biking/hiking area and spent the morning biking 4.5 miles....all 8 of us in a row - it was quite a sight I'm sure! I also posted a photo of a lovely purple colored tree in the parking lot of the hiking area. We then came home to chocolate cake - yummy! It was SO good! With 21 candles we weren't sure if the fire truck would come speeding to our house with all the smoke...!!! After lunch, we all went back outdoors to play croquet as a family, so now I'm taking a break. I believe I used muscles today that I didn't know I had...or at least ones that I haven't used in a long while having been on crutches for several months. I was so blessed today with beautiful weather, a wonderful family and special friends!!!

By the way, believe it or not....I got sunburned today as well!!!

2 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Happy Birthday Heather! It sure sounds like you had a good one!

The Band of Four said...

M the cake looks yummy!