Friday, March 28, 2008

Driving!


I'm still alive after a morning drive with my brother!!! I think that God must give us younger siblings to increase our faith and prepare us for our own families some day.....
O.k. he really isn't that bad of a driver, but I still don't feel completely safe in the back seat of the car! I used to drive with everyone in the back seat of the van when I first learned how to drive. My mom was nervous, my sister told me later that she would hold her breath most of the time, and my brothers and little sisters thought it was the greatest thing in the world to ride with me! I don't think my dad wasn't as nervous as my mom, but there were times I could tell he was holding his breath as well! I think all parents (and siblings!) increase their prayer life when riding with a new driver!

As we were driving down the road this morning I was reminded of a forward I received several years ago....

If you must speed on the highway -- Sing these hymns


At 45 MPH... "God Will Take Care of Me"
At 55 MPH... "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah"
At 65 MPH... "Nearer My God to Thee"
At 75 MPH... "Nearer Still Nearer"
At 85 MPH... "This World is Not My Home"
At 95 MPH... "Lord, I'm Coming Home"
At 100 MPH... "Precious Memories"

MEMORIES.......I'll have to post some of my lovely driving memories sometime.... the first three months after getting my license were crazy!

0 comments: