Friday, July 11, 2008

Smile!

SMILE!!!

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
Proverbs 17:22

(I loved this Family Circus cartoon and wanted to post it on here for you to read)


Sorry I haven't posted anything all week. I've been working a lot on my medical transcription course. I've been amazed how well I've been doing and at how easy it is remembering medical prefixes and suffixes. Besides, I know that everything I've been learning has been sticking in my brain when I find myself dreaming "medical terms" all night long. It really has been a lot of fun!

Piano lessons are winding down for the summer - only 2 more weeks to go before I take a month long break. I'm already planning activities for the fall/winter. I would love to have a "tea party" at a local retirement/assisted living home for widows near Christmas time. The plan is to give out little tea cups/saucers, several cookies, and a little Bible verse or tract attached to each of the ladies. Plus, I will have several of my students play some songs and also have a sing-along. I'm really so excited about that, but I know that it will not happen for several more months.

Our Pastor has started a missions evangelism Sunday School class for the month of July which has been very good so far. He is hoping to encourage others in reaching out and getting out of their comfort zone. I'm really looking forward to our annual mission conference coming up July 20-25th. For more info. visit: http://www.newhopebaptistgoode.org/ It will be wonderful to meet new missionary families and be able to pray for their ministries.

We have been eating many yummy red tomatoes from our garden this week. My dad just picked a large tomato from the garden this morning....I'll have to take a picture of it. It isn't as large as the tomato we grew last year.....that one was HUGE!!! Having a tomato sandwich COVERED (like you can't see the red of the tomato) with black pepper happens to be one of my favorite things of summer time!!! Actually, my grandma got me into eating tomatoes inside of grilled cheese sandwiches! Now THOSE sandwiches are really yummy!!!!!!!!!!

My mom also canned several jars of sweet pickles on Thursday. We finished eating all the pickles in one of the jars today! They were very good crisp pickles!

Well, I don't have much else exciting to post......here is one more thing I want to share with you.

EIGHT GIFTS THAT DON'T COST A CENT
Author Unknown


The Gift of Listening
But you must really listen. Don't interrupt, don't daydream, don't plan your response. Just listen.

The Gift of Affection
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.The

Gift of Laughter
Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."

The Gift of Solitude
There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

The Gift of a Favor
Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

The Gift of a Written Note
It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime.

The Gift of a Compliment
A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job," or"That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.

The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition
The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, your a busy lady! You teach piano too? Multi talented, that's what you are!

I LOVE the idea of the tea party at the retirement home, that's a wonderful idea, would love to be there to help.

Enjoy those maters!

Nina in Portugal said...

I have a friend that did medical trans. from her home for many years. She was good at it and made great money for a "stay at home job".

Our garden is struggling. Mo maters yet, however our bread lady brings me 5 or 6 every other day! Yummy! me and a few of the girls like um' diced with a little salt. We eat um with every meal!