Friday, July 4, 2008

July


A good-size crowd of people & great food!

Here are some pictures from the 4th. I only wish I had taken a picture of the huge 100lb. pig all spread out on the grill for you to see - oh well!


Praise: We had a couple that live around the church come to the picnic!





Look at all those instrument cases: fiddle, banjos, guitars, harmonica,


jaw harp, mandolin, and of course we can't forget the keyboard!!!
It was so much fun!









Is it July already? It is amazing how the time flies! I must confess that I haven't even flipped my calendar to July yet!

We are all excited getting ready for this evening. Our church is having a 4th of July picnic tonight. My brother, sister, and I along with several friends will be doing a little bit of "pick'n & grin'n" at the picnic. We'll have all sorts of instruments - banjos, guitars,harmonicas, a keyboard, mandolins, and even a jaw harp (I LOVE those things!!!! They sound so cool!). It will be so much fun! We'll play some patriotic songs as well as different hymns - southern gospel style.

Last night, we went over to the church to set the tent up and go around the church neighborhood to invite the many unsaved people that live around the church to come on out for a pig pick'n picnic. We left invitations in doors and spoke with several people. Please pray with us that some of the unsaved neighbors around the church will come today. I believe if they will attend something like a picnic in an informal setting they would be more apt to attend a church service. Pray that we will have boldness to witness and share the love of God with those that come.

Wednesday, July 2nd - which seems like weeks ago was my mom's birthday. We had a fun day spending some time together as a family. I ended up having to make an unexpected visit to see my orthopedic surgeon that day because I have been experiencing increased hip pain. After looking at my x-rays and finding nothing amiss, he told me that I probably should back off on my activities until the pain disappears and then gradually get into things such as biking for the time being. I don't enjoy having to back off from doing activities like tennis, but I don't enjoy the strong pain either. Happily, I've been doing very well at not overdoing it. :)

Well, I'm off to make an
icecream (click for recipe) cake for the picnic tonight.
Have a wonderful 4th of July!!!

0 comments: