Friday, February 22, 2008

A couple weeks ago on February 5th I decided to make some cookies....on crutches (I've come to the conclusion that I cannot bake while on crutches!). I had a horrible thing happen to me that morning!
I was using the hand mixer beating some chocolate chip cookie dough, when all of a sudden my shirt sleeve, which was dangling too near the bowl, became entangled with the electric beater.
The beater climbed up my shirt sleeve all the way up to my elbow before I had a chance to scream and yank the beaters away from my arm! The beater just nicked my wrist, thankfully no damage was done. Although, my crutches kept falling down, a batch of cookies burned in the oven, and then as I proceeded to take the cookies off the baking sheet that hadn't burnt and they slid to the floor. It really wasn't my day. I haven't spent much time in the kitchen since that exciting Monday morning several weeks ago, although I love to bake and cook.

0 comments: